Isabel MNU LintonBef 1676 - Aft 1706 (> 32 years)
Name Isabel MNU Linton Birth Bef 1676 Northumberland County, Virginia Gender Female Death Aft 1706 St. Stephen's Parish, Northumberland County, Virginia Person ID I51763 Tree1 Last Modified 20 Feb 2024
Family 1 John Linton, b. Bef 1673, Northumberland County, Virginia d. 15 Jan 1701, Northumberland County, Virginia - probate (Age > 28 years) Marriage Bef 1693 Northumberland County, Virginia Family ID F29927 Group Sheet | Family Chart Last Modified 20 Feb 2024
Family 2 Phillip Rogers, b. Bef 1676 d. Aft 1706, St. Stephen's Parish, Northumberland County, Virginia (Age > 32 years) Marriage Aft 1701 Northumberland County, Virginia Family ID F29928 Group Sheet | Family Chart Last Modified 20 Feb 2024
1699-1706 Northumberland County, Virginia Order Book, Part 1; [Hamrick]; Page 140
Northumberland County Court 15th of January Anno 1700/1
Upon the Moc'on of ISABELLA LINTON Exec'x a Probate is granted her of the Last Will & Testam't of JOHN LINTON dec'ed the Will being proved by the Oaths of FRA[NCIS] DAWSON, JAMES CREAN, JAMES CREAN Jr. & DAVID GILL Witnesses thereto & is Recorded.
1699-1706 Northumberland County, Virginia Order Book, Part 1; [Hamrick]; Page 208
Northumberland County Court 17th day of June Anno dom' 1702
REBECCA HUTTON Orphan Daughter of GEORGE HUTTON dec'ed is bound with her owne Consent to serve PHILL ROGERS and ISABELLA his wife or either of them until she Attaine to Seventeene Yeares of Age & Ordered that they or either of them Endeavour to teach or Cause the said REBECCA to be taught to Read the Bible perfectly And for the due performance hereof JAMES CREAN Doth hereby Obleidge himselfe his heires Exec's etc. in the penall sum'e of two thousand five hundred pounds of Tobacco unto the said Orphan.
1699-1706 Northumberland County, Virginia Order Book, Part 1; [Hamrick]; Page 291
Northumberland County Court - 21st day of June Anno Dom. 1704
- JANE, ALLICE and SARAH HUTTON haveing petic'oned this Court ag't PHILL' ROGERS & ISABELLA his wife that they may be Sum'oned to the next Court to Shew reasons (in any such) why they render not to the s'd Petic'oners Legatees of JANE LINTON dec'ed their Severall Legacyes to them bequeathed which said petic'on is granted And Ordered the Sheriffe sum'on the said ROGERS and his wife to the next Court to Answ' the said Compl't.
1699-1706 Northumberland County, Virginia Order Book, Part 1; [Hamrick]; Page 321
Northumberland County Court - 23th day of Feb'y Anno 1704/5
Upon the Petic'on of JAMES, ALLICE & SARAH HUTTON Legatees of M's JANE LINTON therein setting forth that the said M's LINTON dec'ed did by her Last Will and Testament give unto them severall Legacyes which were left in the hands of M'r JOHN LINTON by HENRY ROSSE Exec'r of the said Will which said LINTON being since dec'ed and the Legacyes come into the hands of M'r PHILLIP ROGERS by Marrying with ISABELL the Relict & Executrix of the said JOHN LINTON and further petic'oning that the said ROGERS might be Sum'oned to this Court to give an Acco't of the p[re]misses & he appeareing to Answ' the p'misses and the Inventary of the said Legacyes due to the said Petic'oners being Seven thousand Seven hundred Eighty two pounds of Tobacco And the said ROGERS then makeing it appeare that he had paid Nine hundred Ninety Six pounds of Tobacco part of the said legacyes to JANE HUTTON One of the Legatees Ordered that Six thousand Seven hundred Eighty Six pounds of Tobacco be divided to them in proporc'on etc. And that the said ROGERS and ISABELL his wife Exec'x as afores'd pay the same out of the said LINTONs Estate with Costs al's Ex'o.
1705-1706 Richmond County, Virginia Order Book 4; Part 2 [Antient Press]; Page 148)
Richmond County Court 3d of April 1706
- This day PHILLIP ROGERS and VINCENT COX acknowledged a Deed for Land with Bond for performance of Covenants in the Deed comprized to DANIELL McCARTY, which is ordered to be recorded
- The Letter of Attorney made by ISABELL ROGERS and ANNE COX the Wives of PHILLIP ROGERS and VINCENT COX to Mr. JAMES SHERLOCK was proved by the Oathes of SAMLL. DEMANVELL and FRANCIS SPENCER and ordered to be recorded
- This day JAMES SHERLOCK, Attorney for and on behalfe of ISABELL ROGERS and ANNE COX relinquished theire Rights of Dower to the land above mentioned which is ordered to be recorded
- This day SAMLL. DEMANVELL and FRANCIS SPENCER made Oath to the duely executing of Livery and Seizin by the abovenamed PHILLIP ROGERS and VINCENT COX to the abovenamed DANLL. McCARTY upon the Land above recited according to the endorsement made thereof on the Deed abovesd. which is ordered to be recorded
|Find Isabel MNU Linton at the following sites -